Monthly Favourites | June (Mini reviews)

Hey guys! I'm back with another favourites post. Since I can't update much, this is a faster and easier way for me to share new beauty products or generally anything else I've loved in a particular month. Here I have two products I rediscovered that I've been liking in my stash and two new products I bought that I've recently been loving. They are mentioned in no particular order.


1) Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit (in Natural Beige)

I've had this for a long time already and this is the base make up that I usually wear to school. Recently, I find myself reaching for this over my Revlon Colourstay when I go out because of how quick and easy this applies. It evens out my skin pretty well for a BB cream so I don't even have to use concealer after applying. My only gripe is that it has pink undertones. My skin has yellow undertones so I find it hard to pull this off in the first hour or so. After awhile, it will set and look much fitting for my skin tone. Another thing to note is that this BB cream only has three shades and they're all quite light so girls with darker skin may have to pass. 

2) Real Techniques Buffing Brush

In the post where I reviewed the Real Techniques Core Collection brushes, I mentioned that I preferred using their Expert Face Brush to blend my foundation so I don't really have a use for this. However, since I've been using the Etude House BB cream a lot, I find that this brush does such a wonderful job blending it. Prior to this, I've been using my fingers to apply the BB cream but I almost always "over apply". This brush helps me to use less product because of how nicely it spreads the BB cream. 

3) Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

I've had my eye on this little sponge for a long time and I finally caved in 2-3 weeks ago when the texture of my skin wasn't the best. I had a couple of dry patches on my left cheek, forehead, nose and chin at that time which was very odd because I have combination (normal and oily) skin. Or at least I think I do. My Revlon Colourstay foundation would cling onto those areas, which makes the skin look as if it's going to crack. I had a feeling this sponge would apply the foundation smoother because it can be used damp and whoop, was I happy to be right! But meh, since Revlon Colourstay is transfer-free, it stains the sponge and can take a long time to remove. 

4) Neutrogena Deep Clean Brightening Mulberry Ultra Foam Cleanser 

I've used the facial scrub version of this cleanser for many months as my morning cleanser before (I went through 3-4 tubes of it), not knowing it was meant to be used as a scrub. After realizing I was unintentionally exfoliating my skin daily, I switched to using the Nivea Extra White Pore Minimiser Mud Foam. It didn't do much for me. So when I finished that, I went to purchase this which leaves my skin feeling super soft. I also like how the product dispenses as foam even without lathering. 

Yes, I do use a different cleanser for my night time skincare routine. In fact, my morning routine and night routine consist of completely different products. I am very inconsistent with my morning routine so I usually just cleanse my skin after I wake up, but I do keep aside products to use in the morning only. The products in my night time routine are more potent and usually help in keeping my skin clear. Furthermore, most of the products I use aren't from the same brand or the same range. I mix and match to get the most out of each function (brightening, whitening, acne-fighting, moisturising, regenerating etc.) from all the different products. Everybody's skin is different so this is what works for me~ 

That's it for my June Favourites!



I apologise for only updating monthly but I haven't had the time or motivation to blog. When my current school semester ends in August/September, I'll probably have more time for detailed reviews. Meanwhile I hope updates like this will suffice! 

8 comments:

  1. What a nice post! I have the BB cream, but since my skin is so dark it does not match, so I mix it with foundation. I really want to try the real technique products ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty look<3
    Maybe want follow each other? if yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your favourites Sandy! :)
    Maybe I will try with the sponge!
    Have a nice day! :)

    Love,
    Lucia Gallego Blog
    Lucia Gallego Blog Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - I love real techniques too!
    I nominated you to the liebster award on my blog http://serainie.blogspot.dk/2014/08/liebster-award-nomination.html ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah you are so pretty:))
    i have to try out this bb cream, sounds great!

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Nice Blog, Would you like to follow each other?

    vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really want to try that Etude House bb cream! Thanks so much for sharing this post :)
    Btw I'd love it fi we could follow each other <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete

 

About Me

SMXYC


sandee_000@hotmail.com

Instagram Updates

Followers