Product Review | Freeman Mint and Lemon Facial Clay Mask

Hello guys! With the aim of transforming this space into a beauty/lifestyle blog, here's my first beauty product review on the Freeman Mint and Lemon Clay Mask. Since I have only used this once, this post is more of a first impression rather than an actual product review. 

Prior to this, the clay mask I used weekly was the Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask from this brand. I really liked it after using it for several months. Hence, I looked up other Freeman masks and came across this, which also had very good reviews.

First of all, let me tell you about my skin type. I have combination skin: oily in T-zone, normal in the rest. While I am blessed with a skin that isn't acne-prone, my skin is quite fair and thin so it's very likely to scar whenever I do get a blemish. I believe in trying to prevent those pesky little spots from appearing before they actually do. 

Here's a fun fact! If you stand next to me, you'd see a lot of broken capillaries spanning the sides of my face. They are mostly hereditary, but they seemed to have increased over the past year. My mother claims that broken capillaries are sought after by the more superstitious and traditional women because they represent a person's luck in love: the more broken capillaries, the more attractive you are and the more suitors you will have in your life. Of course, they only mean something if you actually believe in it. Well, I don't anyway so to me, they are simply another flaw on my face.

Enough with the rambling! Let's get on with the review. 




Freeman Mint and Lemon Clay Mask claims to:

  • provide relief from inflammation caused by breakouts,
  • minimize shine and appearance of large pores,
  • and cool and refresh skin.

You must be wondering why I chose this mask since I am not prone to breakouts. I was more attracted to the second claim of minimizing shine. Singapore is so hot and humid. Since I am oily in my T-zone, by the end of the day (especially if I had been out and was wearing make-up), my face becomes shiny. It makes me cringe when I look into the mirror. 



I used this product after cleansing my face. It was a little hard trying to squeeze the product out of the tube initially but I only needed a small amount to cover my face so that wasn't much of an issue. The fragrance of the product was very strong, despite "fragrance" being listed as one of the last few ingredients. It didn't smell like mint nor lemon. I don't quite have the words to describe the smell but it wasn't unpleasant. The texture of the product was very smooth; it was easy spreading it all over my face. Avoid putting this anywhere near your eyes because it can sting. Time wise, it took only 5-10 minutes to harden and dry, as experienced with the other Freeman mask I've used before. I like to keep my clay masks on for 20-30 minutes before washing it off.

The results? Soft, matte and baby smooth skin! I usually have some blackheads only on my nose and this mask seemed to have reduced the appearance of them. It also kept my face very matte till I carried on with my usual skincare routine. 

I'd definitely recommend this mask to anyone with blemish-prone, oily or combination skin. This retails for $8.90 SGD at Guardian. The price is a huge + for those of you in the search of a highly affordable, good and effective clay mask to add to your skincare routine.

 

About Me

SMXYC


sandee_000@hotmail.com

Instagram Updates

Followers