Product Review | Bio-Essence Bio-Energy Snail Secretion Repair Serum

Today I'm reviewing a skincare product that I've been using for almost a year now: the Snail Secretion Repair Serum from Bio-Essence. I was very consistent in the beginning when using this but now I only reach for it whenever I feel like treating my skin in the morning. This product was released after the old hype about the wondrous properties of snail secretion for the skin. Many Asian skincare brands created their own line of products that uses snail secretion thereafter and this is Bio-Essence's version.


Bio-Essence Bio-Energy Snail Secretion Repair Serum claims to:

  • repair damaged skin,
  • stimulate skin cell regeneration,
  • light scars and marks,
  • be anti-inflammatory to prevent pimples,
  • moisturize and soften skin,
  • and keep skin supple and elastic.


That's a lot of benefits to promise in one product! It's very common for products that use snail secretion to boast such claims. Unfortunately for this one, it only lives up to two of them. The best thing about this is that it absorbs very rapidly into the skin and doesn't leave a sticky residue. It's lightweight yet moisturizing for a serum. My skin feels really soft after using it. I also really like the gold glass packaging (although it may not be suitable for travel) and the dropper which makes using this very hygienic. 

Well, those are the only good things I have to say about this product. "What?! What about skin regeneration or scar lightening?" Nope, no magical skin healing properties here. For $39.90 SGD, you get an unimpressive serum that simply does what any other hydrating serum would do. This is actually my second product that uses snail secretion. The first one was the Snail Street Snail Cream that was absolute rubbish for $55 SGD. 

Meh. Maybe I just don't have much luck with this type of products. But you see, my skin is very fair and thin. It scars easily so I'm always on the hunt for anything that claims to reduce scars. I've since found other affordable products that significantly lighten (sometimes even eradicate) scars on my face and guess what? No snail secretion needed!

That's it for today guys! Let me know in the comments what you think of using snail secretion in skincare. 

13 comments:

  1. Wanna follow each other on Instagram?

    Just let me know if u do and I will follow back right away
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try a snail serum but they are too custky and i dont even kno w if they work .
    like you said no scar lightnin
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean costly? :) Yes, they can be! Other people have more significant results with snail secretion so I may just be unlucky.

      Delete
  3. sounds great!
    You have great Ideas and a interesting blog, I really like it!
    what you think, wanna follow each other?
    Just let me know, I would be happy :-)

    Kiss from Swiss, Kira
    schuhRei.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a pity that this doesn't keep all the promises, especially for such an expensive item!
    I would love to know which is the product that you use to remove your scars, because my skin takes such a loong time to properly heal my scars, so I end up with a face full of red spots D:

    Neko Bunny U=・ x ・=U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wouldn't it be so amazing if it actually worked? I'll be reviewing the products and doing a skincare routine post in the future! :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting post. I like your pictures!
    http://offthenutshell.blogspot.cz/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using oils, they always smell good!

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (181), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! I just bought a face mask with snail secretion in it. I really hope it does something good for my face.
    http://theleatherfannypack.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have face masks that uses snail secretion as well though I haven't tried yet! I hope yours works for you :)

      Delete

 

About Me

SMXYC


sandee_000@hotmail.com

Instagram Updates

Followers