Product Review & Swatches | Elite Models Haute Couture Eyeshadow Palette in 13 Rose Angora

Hey guys! Today I will be reviewing the Haute Couture Eyeshadow Palette from Elite Models. Yes, Elite Models as in Elite Models Management, the famous modelling agency. 

I have this in the shade, Rose Angora. This is a limited edition eye shadow quad from their Christmas 2013 collection (also my first eye shadow)! Since it has only four colours, application is quite straight-forward. Because of this, I'd ventured into the world of eye shadows and I currently own quite a few from various brands.


Let's just take a moment to appreciate how gorgeous the colours are... 

Excuse the used sponges! 



Elite Model Haute Couture Eyeshadow Palette claims to be

  • silky and long-lasting, 
  • soft to help define the eyes with perfect precision,
  • and easy to apply for a professional effect.

Swatches:

Indoor lighting

Under sunlight

With flash
I adore the colours so much. It's why I bought this palette without looking up reviews first. They remind me of Estee Lauder's Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins. Pigmentation wise, it's decent; nothing fantastic but it's not bad either. It took me three swipes to get the colours in the photos but the lightest shade doesn't show up very well. Perhaps it's my skin tone (I'm a NC20 in MAC). I guess I have more pigmented eye shadows in my collection so this palette is lacking in my opinion. Good thing is, the colours do not apply chalky and have minimal fallouts. The tiny brush it comes with is pretty meh but the sponges are excellent. I like to use the narrower sponge to apply the lightest shade at the inner corners of my eyes. That colour is also my go-to eye shadow for my everyday 1/3  lower eyelid and inner corner highlight. Personally, I find that they last well on my eyelids even though I do not use an eyelid primer.  

I wouldn't say the palette is expensive but it definitely isn't cheap, especially when it only comes in four colours. On the other hand, the colours are amazing, so it's up to your own personal preferences!

I think this palette is good for beginners who are just starting to experiment with eye shadows. If you're used to high-end eye shadows that are crazily pigmented, you probably wouldn't like this. While the pigmentation isn't the best, you can easily build it up till you're satisfied with the colour pay-off. I believe this eye shadow palette can also be used wet, so the colour pay-off will definitely be stronger when used that way. Just wet your eye shadow brushes/sponges and squeeze out the excess water. Another alternative to achieve more pigmentation and to make them longer lasting is to use an eyelid primer or eye shadow base, especially for those with oily eyelids. 

Judging by reviews on-line, this palette can be very pigmented in the other shades. Since this is limited edition after all, I'm not sure if it's still in stores. It was priced at $19.90 SGD when I purchased it. Make sure you pop by Ngee Ann City's Watsons if you're interested 'cause I don't usually see this brand in other Watsons!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post:)
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Lovely greets Dan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Sure. I left you a comment at your blog. :)

      Delete

 

About Me

SMXYC


sandee_000@hotmail.com

Instagram Updates

Followers