Product Review | Etude House Collagen Moistfull Sleeping Pack

Hi guys! I'm back with a skincare product review. This is a review on Etude House's Collagen Moistfull Sleeping Pack. This skincare line is very popular in Korea. I bought this product during my trip there last year (click here to read about it) and I've used it for five months, once every 1-2 weeks. 

So, what is collagen?

Collagen can be found in our skin and it is important because it strengthens blood vessels and gives skin its elasticity. When your skin's elasticity is strengthened, it can then expand and contract (for example, when making facial expressions) without damaging any skin tissue. Thus, it is necessary for conserving the youthfulness of our skin. 

Unfortunately, as we get older, collagen production slows down, resulting in fragile and less elastic skin. That's how wrinkles and sagging skin come about. 

If there's anything you need to know about the importance of skin care, it's that we should always start preventing such problems when we are young, because it's harder to treat them when they surface. It's never too early, or too late, as long as you're consistent in taking care of your skin! 

Now that we know the importance of collagen, let's get on with the review. 






Etude House Collagen Moistfull Sleeping Pack claims to:

  • create a protective barrier on the skin, 
  • lock in vital moisture,
  • and give youthful, water bouncy skin.

This product is a sleeping mask, so it's meant to be applied after moisturizer before you sleep. While it is not formulated with any parabens, benzophenone, mineral oil and talc, there is alcohol in this product. The fragrance is very strong but pleasant.


The little pot comes with a lid after you've unscrewed the cap. It would be more hygienic if it came with a spatula too so I don't have to use my fingers. The consistency of this product is very thick. Once I've smoothed it all over my face, it leaves a sticky film at the top of my skin. This can be annoying for some people because you have to be careful in the way you sleep. If your face touches the bed or pillows, the product will rub off. But hey, you should never rest your face against your pillows because they're full of germs. I know you can't really control it when you're asleep, but trust me, the way you lie when you get into bed matters. The product doesn't disappear on my face even after I've woken up in the morning (again, some people may not like this), but as the directions stated, you're supposed to wash it off. The film does become thinner and less sticky by morning but it makes me wonder how much of it was actually absorbed. After washing the product off, my skin feels very soft. I don't think I see any visible long-term results so far, but since I'm only 19, I'm not sure what I should be seeing anyway. I hope my skin thanks me when I'm older though! 

Generally, most products from Etude House are quite affordable. They're a lot cheaper in Korea compared to Singapore, so you'd get a better deal if you order from Qoo10. If you do visit the website, only order from reliable shops with good ratings.

If you think that facial sheet masks are too troublesome and a mess to put on, try using a sleeping mask instead. It's way more convenient and there's no waiting time so you can just head to bed. I do not use any other products from this line but I don't see any negative results from using this, so go ahead and give it a try if you're looking for a collagen face mask!  

4 comments:

  1. I tested some Etude house products, none for face, thanks for sharing.
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super good review!!

    sisepuedee.blogspot.dk
    -Milla

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review! love your blog so much <33
    would you like to follow each other ?

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete

 

About Me

SMXYC


sandee_000@hotmail.com

Instagram Updates

Followers